Helping others is at the heart of our talent solutions firm, and that goes beyond assisting job seekers looking for rewarding work and companies aspiring to build great teams.
Robert Half kicked off our Season of Service during National Volunteer Week in April and spent the following 10 weeks supporting our nonprofit partners, engaging with our Employee Network Groups (ENGs), launching our Back to School Drive and caring for our communities.
During this time, more than 850 Robert Half employees volunteered, serving more than 8,700 hours and impacting more than 400 charitable organizations. Thanks to our employees’ generosity, our Matching Gifts program, support from our business contacts and corporate grants, we donated more than $420,000 to nonprofits across North America!
Learn more about Robert Half's philanthropic efforts and our commitment to diversity, education, professional development and environmental stewardship programs here.
In-person and virtual volunteer events
During this year’s Season of Service, some of our employees sorted food at a food bank in San Antonio, Texas, while others set up for a carnival at a hospital in Huntington Valley, Pa. Employees in Minnesota packed food boxes for Feed My Starving Children, and others prepared for a fundraising walk/run for the ALS Society in New York and New Jersey.
Ryan Evers, a Robert Half regional director in Bloomington, Minn., put his philanthropic energy into Helping Paws. The Twin Cities teams recently participated in a 5K run for the organization, which is focused on breeding and training service dogs.
“The benefits of a service dog are immediate,” says Evers, who joined the Helping Paws board in 2015 and now serves as president. “Someone with a physical disability can live a more independent life because of the things their service dog can do for them. A veteran who may have struggled to go out in public because of post-traumatic stress disorder may now be comfortable interacting with people again.”
Throughout the Season of Service, Robert Half also organized virtual volunteer activities each week to make a difference in the lives of others and our communities. Here’s a sampling of how our teams were able to collaborate, even while working remotely:
- Conducting mock interviews with teens and young adults from Youth Opportunities Unlimited, a nonprofit workforce development organization based in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Writing notes of encouragement to be included with meals distributed by Baltimore Hunger Project, which is dedicated to eliminating weekend childhood hunger.
- Making stuffed animals for preschool children in the Kidango program, an early learning nonprofit committed to high-quality early learning for low-income children in California’s Bay Area. Other Projects in a Box provided materials for employees to make everything from herb garden kits to child-sized superhero capes to be donated to various nonprofits.
ENG charitable activities
Some of Robert Half’s ENGs got involved with Season of Service, as well, through activities such as these:
- Asian Professionals for Excellence (APEX) held a fundraising walk to benefit the National AAPI Mental Health Association during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and Mental Health Awareness Month in May.
- Our LGBTQIA+ Employee Network, BELONG, planned a fundraiser during Pride Month in June to support Rainbow Railroad, which helps LGBTQIA+ people escape violence.
- All ENGs encouraged members to sign up for the Herb Garden Project in a Box and help create instructional herb garden kits for youth centers, schools and nonprofit food assistance programs.
Matching Gifts during this Season of Service
We encourage our employees to take advantage of our Matching Gifts program to maximize the impact of their donations, fundraising and volunteer time. Robert Half provides a 1:1 match for all employee donations and fundraising efforts and grants $15 per volunteer hour to eligible charities.
Here are some of Robert Half’s philanthropic efforts during other times of the year:
- Supporting Communities With Holiday Giving at Robert Half
- International Day of Charity at Robert Half
- Suiting Up for Success