Robert Half’s annual Holiday Giving program has been a signature philanthropic effort for our employees in North America since 2006. Projects typically range from toy, food and clothing drives to bike-building events and adopt-a-family programs. To date, we’ve collected more than 150,000 toys and games for children in need.
During this year’s holiday season, we’ve expanded our efforts to include virtual, hybrid and in-person drives and fundraising for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and other nonprofits in our local communities. The mission of the BGCA is to enable all young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. The Clubs provide more than 4 million youth with meals, mentors and meaningful experiences — and these great moments add up to great futures.
Robert Half’s national partnership with BGCA began more than 20 years ago, and our company has since invested in Boys & Girls Clubs workforce readiness initiatives. We are proud to be the official career partner of the Alumni & Friends program, which provides advice and resources for Club graduates just starting their careers.
Our employees are engaged in local Clubs through a variety of volunteer efforts, such as assisting youth with job search techniques, reviewing student podcasts, creating short videos with advice for teens, providing content on career-related topics, and organizing toy drives and holiday parties for BGCA families.
Five ways to get involved
To meet the needs of the BGCA and other nonprofits during this time, we’ve planned three ways for our employees, customers and community members to get involved:
- Virtual Wish Drive — Robert Half offices reach out to a nearby Boys & Girls Club or another local charity they have a relationship with. After learning about what they need, our teams set up an online wish list for toys or household necessities, then reach out to clients, friends and family members to help support the drive.
- Holiday Happy Hours — Our teams select a local Boys & Girls Club or another nonprofit, plan to walk, stretch or move at a time that’s convenient – either remotely or together – and apply for the company’s Happy Hours volunteer grants. The eligible nonprofit will receive $15 for each hour walked.
- Fundraising for BGCA — Robert Half employees can make a donation on our customized Robert Half Boys & Girls Clubs Holiday Giving Portal and invite customers, colleagues and other contacts to join them. Donors can even add words of encouragement or a holiday message. Employee donations are eligible for the company’s Matching Gifts program, and Robert Half will kick off the fundraising with the first $50,000.
- New! Holiday Care Packages – Robert Half teams and individual employees can order materials to assemble children’s activities kits for the Boys & Girls Clubs or winter warmth kits for those experiencing homelessness. Or, they can collect their own supplies and create customized kits for other local causes or charities.
- New! Holiday Party Planning – Robert Half employees organize a children’s holiday celebration for a local Boys & Girls Club, homeless shelter, school or other organization. Our teams recruit volunteers, collect food, decorations, crafts and other supplies and host the event.
“We are proud to partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and support their commitment to education, workforce development and inclusion,” said Lynne Smith, Robert Half senior vice president of human resources and compensation. “It’s inspiring to see the many ways our employees are involved in supporting their communities during the holidays.”
Robert Half fosters a culture that supports the communities where our employees live, work and learn. We ranked as one of the World's Best Employers for the second year in a row and earned our place alongside very few organizations selected as a “Most Admired Company" for 25 consecutive years. Join us at jobs at Robert Half.