By M. Keith Waddell, President and Chief Executive Officer, Robert Half
Robert Half’s enterprise values — integrity, inclusion, innovation and commitment to success — serve as the cornerstones for everything we do.
Over the past year, we discovered new ways to deliver on environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities, detailed in our 2022 report, Leading With Integrity. We now report on our ESG results annually, providing increased transparency into our ongoing journey.
ESG represents three areas of risk and opportunity that companies address through programs, policies and services:
- Environmental: How the company performs as a steward of nature.
- Social: How the company manages relations with employees, customers, suppliers and communities.
- Governance: How the company’s leadership, board and shareholder rights are examined and structured. This includes how the company upholds data privacy and security.
In engagement surveys conducted in 2022, 94% of employees said they would recommend Robert Half and Protiviti as great places to work. The following outcomes underscore why we received such a positive endorsement:
- People-first policies: Robert Half listens to its employees and responds with action to drive positive change across the organization. In 2022, a long-term, flexible work philosophy was formalized for employees worldwide, employees received appreciation bonuses and expanded access to mental health, well-being and fitness programs.
- Community support: Philanthropic investments worldwide totaled $7 million in 2022, including contributions to nonprofit partners, matching gifts and employees’ volunteer time.
- Environmental initiatives: Robert Half submitted targets for validation to the Science Based Targets initiative for greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Technology and innovation: With more than 30 million professionals in its global database, Robert Half’s AI capabilities have transformed the way its recruiting professionals discover, assess and select candidates for clients, resulting in hundreds of thousands of talent placements annually.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: Robert Half’s Employee Network Groups unite professionals with common interests and backgrounds and provide employees with opportunities for professional development and connection. The company’s global internal workforce includes 54% women and, in the U.S., 34% individuals from historically underrepresented groups.
I invite you to read further about our recent accomplishments. You can access the 2022 report on our website and learn more about ESG on our blog:
M. Keith Waddell is President and Chief Executive Officer of Robert Half, the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions and business consulting firm, with more than 400 locations worldwide.