More than 2 million jobs were created in 2017, reducing the pool of available talent and increasing the already high demand for top-notch professionals across the U.S. And economic signals suggest the market for skilled workers will remain tight:
- The labor market is near full employment.
- The unemployment rate for some key roles is just 1 or 2 percent.
- Job openings are near an all-time high.
That means the first half of 2018 presents even greater challenges for employers looking to expand their workforce.
Read the report for the latest employment trends
Gain a better understanding of today’s employment trends and improve your recruiting efforts by downloading The Demand for Skilled Talent. In this report, you’ll find the latest research on the employment market, including data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and exclusive insight into hiring trends from Robert Half.
Recruitment challenges ahead
Download The Demand for Skilled Talent to find out:
- Why employee retention and turnover should be top of mind for you.
- What factors sway top candidates during the job search process.
- How commute time can affect a candidate’s decision to accept — or reject — your job offer.
- The unemployment rates for the most in-demand positions across multiple fields and how that knowledge helps you compete in the market for these key professionals.
- Which fast-growing business sector will account for the largest share of new jobs through 2026.
- How Robert Half can help you with your staffing needs.
Download the free report The Demand for Skilled Talent – Q1/Q2 2018.
Access our archived reports: