More than 2.1 million net jobs were created last year, reducing the pool of available talent and increasing the already-high demand for top-notch professionals across the U.S. And economic signals suggest the market for skilled workers will remain tight:
- The labor market is near full employment.
- The unemployment rate for many key roles is just 1 or 2 percent.
- Job openings remain at high levels.
That means 2020 presents even greater challenges for employers looking to expand their workforce.
Read the report for the latest employment trends
Gain a better understanding of today’s employment trends and improve your recruiting efforts by downloading The Demand for Skilled Talent. In this report, you’ll find the latest research on the employment market, including data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and exclusive insight into hiring trends from Robert Half.
Recruitment and retention challenges ahead
Download your free copy of The Demand for Skilled Talent – Q1/Q2 2020 to find out:
- The importance of negotiating beyond salary when making a job offer.
- What you need to know about retention and tips to help staff avoid burnout.
- The unemployment rates for the most in-demand positions across multiple fields.
- How this knowledge helps organizations compete for talented professionals.
- How Robert Half can help you with your staffing needs.
Dive deeper into hiring trends and learn what roles and skills are in demand by specialized field in the additional reports below.
Access our archived reports
Download previous volumes of The Demand for Skilled Talent to see how employment trends have evolved.