Senior accountant job description
Senior accountants should possess solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical skills. Companies hiring senior accountants generally look for at least three years’ experience, along with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Accreditations such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) also are preferred.
Typical duties of a senior accountant
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing financial statements
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Supervising accounting staff
Robert Half are leaders in managerial recruitment.