Successful candidates should have a strong technical background in systems and network security, along with excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities.
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills, are also essential.
It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations.
Employers normally seek five or more years of systems and network security experience. One or more years of managerial experience may also be required. Industry certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or the CompTIA Security+ also are commonly sought by employers.
Typical duties of an information systems security manager
- Providing leadership, guidance and training to information systems security personnel
- Reviewing, implementing, updating and documenting companywide information security policies and procedures
- Managing security audits and vulnerability and threat assessments, and directing responses to network or system intrusions
- Ensuring fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing executive management with compliance reports and audit findings
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
USD140000.00 - 155000.00 / Yearly
June 18, 2019
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
USD115000.00 - 135000.00 / Yearly
May 17, 2019
LOS ALAMOS, NM
USD65.00 - 86.50 / Hourly
June 12, 2019
St. Louis, MO
USD55000.00 - 65000.00 / Yearly
June 18, 2019
USD25.00 - 30.00 / Hourly
June 6, 2019
May 31, 2019
USD110000.00 - 130000.00 / Yearly
June 10, 2019
June 17, 2019
CHAGRIN FALLS, OH
USD75000.00 - 85000.00 / Yearly
May 23, 2019