Successful candidates should have a strong technical background in systems and network security, along with excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities.
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills, are also essential.
It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations.
Employers normally seek five or more years of systems and network security experience. One or more years of managerial experience may also be required. Industry certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or the CompTIA Security+ also are commonly sought by employers.
Typical duties of an information systems security manager
- Providing leadership, guidance and training to information systems security personnel
- Reviewing, implementing, updating and documenting companywide information security policies and procedures
- Managing security audits and vulnerability and threat assessments, and directing responses to network or system intrusions
- Ensuring fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing executive management with compliance reports and audit findings
- Preventing and detecting intrusion
$28 - 32/hr
March 21, 2019
March 8, 2019
San Jose, CA
$160000 - 225000/year
March 12, 2019
March 11, 2019
$75000 - 80000/year
March 15, 2019
Fort Worth, TX
March 7, 2019
$85000 - 90000/year
March 24, 2019
$90000 - 125000/year
February 27, 2019
$105000 - 115000/year
March 15, 2019