This morning, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the findings from the most recent Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). The figures are from January, before many businesses were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is a summary of key data from the January Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey:
- Job openings: 7.0 million
- People hired: 5.8 million
- People who left their jobs (total): 5.6 million
- People who left their jobs (voluntarily quit): 3.5 million
- People who left their jobs (layoffs and discharges): 1.7 million
As you navigate this turbulent period, we have many blog posts for both job seekers and employers that you may find useful. Here are just two: