This morning, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the findings from the most recent Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS). The March JOLTS report provides more insight into the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. While job openings decreased to 6.2 million from a revised 7 million in February, the March numbers were better than what some analysts had expected. The biggest job opening declines were in the accommodations and food services sector.
Here is a summary of key data from the March Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey:
- Job openings: 6.2 million
- People hired: 5.2 million
- People who left their jobs (total):14.5 million
- People who left their jobs (voluntarily quit): 2.8 million
- People who left their jobs (layoffs and discharges): 11.4 million
As you continue to navigate these challenging times, Robert Half has many blog posts that offer advice on everything from leading your team through uncertainty to finding a job, locating skilled talent and managing your time when working from home.
Resources for employers
- How to Hire an Employee: 6 Tips to Head Off Hiring Headaches
- 8 Tips for Conducting a Remote Interview
- How to Manage a Remote Team
- 5 Tips for Managing Change in the Workplace
- Tips for Onboarding Remote Employees
Robert Half can quickly help if you’re hiring remote or on-site workers. We have skilled talent available ASAP, whether you need one person or an entire project team. Request talent now.
Resources for job seekers and professionals working remotely
- How to Find Remote Work Without Leaving Home
- 25 Best Job Search Websites
- Top Video Job Interview Tips
- 8 Realistic Tips for Time Management When Working from Home
- COVID-19 and the Workplace: Employees Weigh In
Skilled professionals are in demand in any economy. Search jobs now to find your next role.