As the industry leader in accounting and financial staffing, Robert Half provides a wealth of resources that allow both hiring managers and job seekers to further develop their leadership skills. Robert Half LINK is your destination for in-person networking events as well as live and on-demand accounting webinars which address leadership topics such as benchmarks for finance and accounting organizations, industry hiring and salary trends, career development, and workplace research and insights.
We encourage you to take advantage of our complimentary finance and accounting webinars, many of which qualify for CPE credit*.
Going All-in: Building Your Finance Teams’ Data Analytics Capabilities
Robert Half and IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) are presenting a free webinar for both clients and candidates, “Going All-in: Building Your Finance Teams’ Data Analytics Capabilities.” Topics covered include:
- How to overcome the greatest business analytics challenges
- Ways to attract, develop and retain professionals with big data expertise
- How to secure support for business analytics initiatives
Qualifying attendees can earn 1 CPE* credit.
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 10 a.m. PDT | 12 p.m. CDT | 1 p.m. EDT
Relationships & Risk: Initial Insights From North American (Internal Audit) Stakeholders
Hear Protiviti and The Institute of Internal Auditors discuss the results of the recent internal audit stakeholders survey. Protiviti executive vice president – global internal audit Brian Christensen and IIA managing director of CAE Solutions Doug Anderson discuss:
- How internal auditors are doing on the fundamentals
- Information stakeholders seek from internal auditors
- Stakeholders’ opinion’s on the auditor role, including the area of strategic risks
- Prioritizing competing demands while addressing stakeholders’ expectations
Recorded on April 6, 2016
What's on the Internal Audit Horizon? Standards, Guidance and Leading Internal Audit Practices
Watch as Protiviti discusses:
- Revisions to the International Professional Practices Framework
- Proposed changes to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Recently released guidance from The IIA
- Internal audit best practices
Recorded on March 31, 2016
2016 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey Webinar – Arriving at Internal Audit’s Tipping Point Amid Business Transformation
Based on the 10th annual Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey, Protiviti will discuss:
- Cybersecurity – board engagement and inclusion in the audit plan
- Audit priorities
- Moving forward with data analysis and technology-enabled capabilities
- Key trends from the past decade and what they mean for internal audit
Recorded on March 24, 2016
Executive Perspectives on Top Risks for 2016
Join Protiviti’s Pat Scott and Jim DeLoach and North Carolina State University professor Mark Beasley as they discuss their organizations’ fourth-annual Executive Perspectives on Top Risks Survey. The panelists will cover:
- The report’s key findings
- Top 10 risks, with observations by industry and company size
- Suggestions for addressing the top risks
Recorded on: March 23, 2016
2016 Hiring and Compensation Trends in Accounting and Finance
Whether you’re hiring, making a career move or both, join Paul McDonald, Senior Executive Director of Robert Half, and other senior executives to learn how you can succeed in this environment. Watch the recording below to learn:
- Today's financial hiring trends
- In-demand positions and skills
- How employers can attract and retain star performers
- Top tactics to help job seekers stand out
- 2016 compensation trends
Recorded on: February 11, 2016
Stay Private or Go Public?
Join Protiviti for a webinar discussing the pros and cons of going public. Topics covered include:
- Benefits of going public
- Consideration for remaining private longer
- Scaling for growth while also raising capital and maintaining control
- Key decisions facing fast-growing companies
Recorded on December 17, 2015
2016 IT Audit Benchmarking Survey: A Global Look at IT Audit Best Practices
Join Protiviti and ISACA for a webinar looking at trends affecting IT audit, based on the fifth annual IT Audit Benchmarking Survey Report. Topics discussed include:
- Top-of-mind IT changes and security
- Concerns about findings staff with the in-demand skills
- The need for IT audit risk assessments
Recorded on December 9, 2015
Assessing the Results of the 2016 Finance Priorities Survey
Join Protiviti and FEI for a discussion of financial executives’ priorities for the coming year, based on research from their 2016 Finance Priorities Report. Topics covered will include:
- Competing demands for organizations’ attention
- The finance function’s changing landscape
- How businesses can prepare for the transition
Recorded on November 11, 2015
How to Maximize Your Strategic Thinking for the Audit World
Join Protiviti for a discussion on strategic thinking in internal audit and risk management and tips on how professionals can enhance their strategic-thinking skills.
Recorded on September 25, 2015
How to Manage Segregation of Duties in your NetSuite Environment
Join Protiviti to learn how to design and monitor NetSuite application security, including recommendations on how to:
- Manage Segregation of Duties in preparation for an IPO and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SoX)
- Key considerations when defining your NetSuite security permissions
- Overview of solutions for automated monitoring of SoD in NetSuite
Recorded on August 20, 2015
REVENUE RECOGNITION: Systems, Data, Reporting and a Transparent Audit Trail
Protiviti, in partnership with Financial Executives International (FEI), presents the fifth and final installment of our webinar series on the new Revenue Recognition Standard, recently issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
This webinar will discuss potential key industry and cross-functional impacts of this standard. Topics include:
- Assessing the impact and planning the transition
- Industry and product specific challenges
- Changes to internal controls and business policies
- Adjusting business/IT models
Recorded on July 23, 2015
Benchmarking the Accounting & Finance Function: 2015
Experts from Robert Half, Financial Executives International and other leading companies share major trends, actionable steps for today’s finance leaders and critical takeaways related to the report, “ Benchmarking the Accounting & Finance Function 2015.”
Panelists discuss how public and private firms in the United States and Canada are managing their accounting and finance departments and measuring up against competitors in five vital areas:
- Workforce Management
- Accounting Operations
- Financial Systems
- Internal Controls & Compliance
Recorded on June 11, 2015
REVENUE RECOGNITION: Systems, Data, Reporting and a Transparent Audit Trail
Protiviti, in partnership with Financial Executives International (FEI), presents the fourth installment of our webinar series on the new Revenue Recognition Standard, recently issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
This webinar will discuss the impact to systems, data, and reporting processes and their importance in creating a transparent audit trail. Topics include:
- Overview of FASB’s one-year deferral
- Insight into system and data issues
- Impact on management reporting
Recorded on May 21, 2015
REVENUE RECOGNITION: Using a Methodology to Identify Gaps in Current Business Processes
Join Protiviti, a global consulting firm and Robert Half subsidiary, and Financial Executives International (FEI) for the third webinar of a five-part series on the new Revenue Recognition Standard recently issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
This webinar focuses on using a methodology to identify gaps in current business processes. Topics include:
- Analysis of business process to identify expected changes
- Development of an assessment diagnostic
- Impact on the internal control structure
Recorded on March 18, 2015.
How to Retain Your Employees and What to Do if You Lose Your Star Player
Join Robert Half and Glassdoor, an online career community, for a webinar about what you should do if your star employee leaves, and how to avoid it in the first place. Topics will include:
- Signs that a key player may have one foot out the door
- Retention strategies for star talent
- Implementing a "disaster plan" if key performers depart
- Career development tactics to keep employees
- Leveraging organizational transparency to engage employees
Recorded on January 15, 2015.
REVENUE RECOGNITION: The Collaborative and Cross-Functional Employee Education Process
Join Protiviti, a global consulting firm and Robert Half subsidiary, and Financial Executives International (FEI) for the second webinar of a five-part series on the new Revenue Recognition Standard recently issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
This webinar will focus on one of the key steps in transitioning to the new standard: the employee education process.
Recorded on January 20, 2015
REVENUE RECOGNITION: It's Here, Are You Ready? Transitioning to the New Revenue Recognition Standard
Protiviti, a global consulting firm and Robert Half subsidiary, along with Financial Executives International lead the first of a five-part webinar series on the new Revenue Recognition Standard recently issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
This webinar provides an overview of the newly issued guidance and the vital role the following six elements of infrastructure will play in the transition process: policies, processes, people and organizations, reports, methodologies, and systems and data.
Recorded on November 20, 2014
Show Them the Way: Using Employee Career Paths to Build, Improve and Retain Your Internal Audit Team
Using career road maps as a motivation, retention and succession-planning tool is a powerful way to show your internal audit team their growth potential and can enhance your retention efforts.
In this one-hour webinar viewers will learn how to gain a better understanding of internal audit team members' career objectives and motivations. Presenters share insights on how to help employees build their skills and advance, communicating potential career opportunities within your organization, and working with internal audit personnel to develop career paths that benefit them and the business.
Recorded on September 25, 2014
Critical Nontechnical Skills: The Essentials for Success in a Diverse Workplace
Today's workforce is more diverse than ever. While such diversity can be celebrated, it also comes with a unique set of challenges. Nontechnical - or soft - skills are no longer nice to have. Honing your soft skills enables you to adapt to a variety of work environments and colleagues with varying work styles, attitudes and values. These attributes are essential elements for success, and executives see them as indicators of your future potential with the organization.
This 60-minute webinar will cover:
- Which soft skills are most important to your success in a diverse workforce
- How to develop your nontechnical skills on your own or through your employer
- How to showcase your soft skills during job interviews or identify them when recruiting new team members
Recorded on January 30, 2014
At the Mercy of Big Data: Today’s C Suite on Collaboration, Cloud and the Customer Experience
Date: April 28, 2016 - 7:30AM - 10:30AM, The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common
Robert Half & Providence School of Business is hosting an Executive Roundtable titled: At the Mercy of Big Data: Today’s C Suite on Collaboration, Cloud and the Customer Experience. The panel discussion will focus on how business leaders in different arenas, finance, information and marketing (chief financial officers (CFOs), chief information officers (CIOs), and chief marketing officers (CMOs) are working together internally to measure competitive advantage, sustain it through innovation, and ensure profitability in an ever changing business environment.
National Association of Black Accountants National Convention & Expo
Date: June 22-24, 2016, Hollywood, FL
Robert Half is a bronze sponsor of the National Association of Black Accountants National Convention & Expo which brings together nearly 2,000 participants from across the country from multiple disciplines (accounting, finance and business professionals) in the industry.
Ascend – Pan Asian Leaders National Convention & Career Fair
Date: July 30 - August 1, 2016, Anaheim, CA
Robert Half is a bronze sponsor of the Ascend National Convention & Career Fair. The convention is the largest gathering of Pan-Asian business leaders, professionals and students in North America with over 3,000 participants and over 320 organizations in attendance
ALPFA National Convention & Career Fair
Date: August 5 - 9, 2016, Dallas, TX
Robert Half is a silver sponsor of ALPFA’s Annual Convention which attracts 3,000 attendees over four days with 95% of attendees being Latino and a ratio of 70% professionals to 30% college students. Recruiters from Fortune 500 companies showcase their commitment to diversity and career opportunities for students and experienced professionals. Career Fair is open to the general public
*Institute of Management Accountants is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
- One unit of CPE credit will be offered to those who attend this webinar (field of study: Business Management & Organization)
- Advance preparation: None
- Program level: Overview
- Delivery method: Group Internet-Based
- Prerequisites: None
- Refund policy: Not applicable