THE NEW REMOTE RULES FOR SUCCESS
Remote work is the new norm. 66% of candidates aren’t willing to return to the office.
From your desk setup to on-camera etiquette, here 10 tips for remote success:
1. Have a fast, reliable and secure internet connection.It’s ideal to hardwire in — if not, ensure you have a high-speed Wi-Fi connection.
2. Use a computer or laptop with a camera and headset.Keep your webcam at eye level and test your sound.
3. Maintain a quiet place to work free of distractions.Mute yourself on calls if there’s a package delivery or barking dogs.
4. Be video-ready and dressed appropriately.
Keep your look professional. Slippers optional.
5. Set work hours and share your schedule with colleagues.
Protect your personal time and communicate the best times to reach you.
6. Connect and keep in touch with coworkers.
Turn on your camera, schedule a virtual coffee or ear lunch with your team.
7. Remember to move and get fresh air (eat, hydrate and snack).A scheduled break or walk will help you return feeling refreshed.
8. Be on time to virtual meetings and events.Trust us, your boss notices.
9. Don’t post gripes in meeting chats.
Suggestions are fine, but voice complaints more appropriately.
10. Return emails, phone calls and voicemails promptly.
Keep the work flowing.
Source: Survey of more than 68,500 Robert candidates in the United States
© 2022 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans.