Network architect job description
Successful candidates need an extensive background in all aspects of networking technology and must possess excellent communication skills.
Employers generally seek at least seven years of experience with network operating systems such as Cisco, Novell and Windows Server. A networking certification from sources such as Cisco, Microsoft or Novell also is highly valued.
Network architects should also have experience working with routers, switches, cabling and other essential network hardware.
Typical duties of a network architect
- Assessing business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Planning, designing and upgrading network installation projects
- Establishing and maintaining backup, version-control and viral defense systems
- Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system findings and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
Robert Half are experts in finding IT staffing solutions.