$80000 - 90000/year
May 22, 2019
Technology & IT
- Builds dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and ensures they are up to date
- Trains and assists end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process, on an ongoing basis
- Examines user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Writes functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Makes recommendations about how, when or whether to make the changes
- Analyzes processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements
- Provides guidance for internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting problems with programming. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Evaluates and records problems. Collaborates with other programmers to fix issues with code
- Create and evaluate programming changes for each systems development phase prior to implementation. Log test cases and expected results. Verify that results meet requirements. May plan basic tests or a defined subset of larger tests. May suggest acceptance/rejection when requirements are not met
- Aids in creating communication materials for certain system changes being implemented in production
For immediate consideration, please call Bryan Moore at 616-451-7000 or email current resumes to
- Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
- IBM RPG/400 experience
- Report program generators experience
- AS400 RPG experience
- RPG experience required
- IBM iSeries experience
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Comprehension of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Comprehensive understanding of programming languages
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Grand Rapids, MI333 Bridge Street N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49504