Software & Systems Architect (full stack)
San Francisco, CA
May 17, 2019
Technology & IT
The successful candidate will have a strong development background and expertise in defining software and systems architectures. The work you do covers the breadth of technologies needed to serve a world class user experience, from CMS, DAM, Search, Services, API’s, Personalization tools and more. This architect will be part of an exceptional team of engineers and will provide thought leadership and learnings from their rich and diverse experience.
● Contribute to full SDLC; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementing, testing, and deploying new features for corporate internet properties
● Work as part of a passionate, agile development team to deliver engaging, high-impact user experiences
● Core CMS architecture and configuration – Drupal8
● Work with internal DevOps and TechOps teams to define and maintain the infrastructure needed for corporate web properties
● Work closely with quality engineers to identify test cases and create new efficient, scalable testing processes.
● Work collaboratively with product management and design to create engineering roadmaps for future platform enhancements
● Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's productivity and efficiency
● Maintain and evolve the software architecture for current and future needs
● Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
● 8+ years of work experience as a software developer
● 5+ years experience in web / front end software development for large enterprise internet properties with a global audience
● 3+ years of experience in public/private cloud (AWS/Azure/Google/Open Stack)
● 5+ years development contribution to a large scale Open Source or Commercial CMS platform
● Expert in the Drupal 8 CMS
● Expert in API Development ( REST / JSON )
● Expert in decoupled CMS / Front End Architectures
● Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
● Prior experience aligning platform architecture with security, storage, identity management, etc.
● Proficiency in Linux, Database/SQL/NOSQL and caching experience.
● Performed migrations from Drupal7 to Drupal8
● Proficient in Search Platforms ( Apache SOLR / Elasticsearch ) Proficient in Digital Asset Management Systems
● Proficient in creating and consuming Restful/JSON APIs
● Proficient in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
● Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum environment
● Natural aptitude for both teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment
● Advanced knowledge and experience in server side technologies like PHP, Server Side JS, Python, Java, node.js
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and utilizing Git flow
● Web servers: Nginx, Apache, Lighttpd, uWSGI, etc.
● Working experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery desired.
● Containers (docker) and container orchestration (kubernetes).
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
San Francisco, CA50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111