Full Charge Bookkeeper
$25 - 29/hr
San Diego, CA
May 7, 2019
Temporary Accounting & Finance
Job Duties include:
-25% HR Duties (Onboarding new employees, running background checks, helping employees with benefits)
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Liaise with assigned corporate accountant to ensure accurate and timely monthly closings and miscellaneous billing (inter-company).
• Process weekly payroll online through ADP Time & Attendance and ADP Workforce Now.
• Review new hire packet with all new staff which includes: Proper Form I-9, W-4, Personnel New Hire Record Form, Employee Handbook and Background Checking Consent Forms.
• Conduct orientations, which include having a full understanding of all corporate policies in employee handbook, and having the ability to summarize and communicate them to new staff.
• Code, obtain approvals, and enter all incoming invoices.
• Accounts Payable: prepare and run weekly accounts payable checks, set up vendors in the accounting system, calculate weekly cash requests for vendor payments, match all payables to purchase orders, and set up customers in the accounting system.
• Accounts Receivable: enter cash, deposit checks and process manual checks (petty cash checks) and monitor aging and make collection calls on an as-need basis.
• Assist employees with basic insurance claim issues.
• Monitor changes to insurance and 401(k) elections and change in payroll accordingly.
• Conduit of information between Heath, Safety, and Environment team and Workman’s Comp carriers for onsite incidents.
• Create and maintain employee files and monitor attendance record tracking system.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3 years of Accounting/Human Resources experience.
• Experience working in various payroll and accounting software programs, such as, Sage X3, ADP’s Time & Attendance/Workforce Now, Microsoft Office Suite, and Del-four.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Extremely high organization skills and ability to multi-task/prioritize.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to carry out procedures quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
La Jolla, CA4225 Executive Square
La Jolla, CA 92037