USD15.04 - 17.41 / Hourly
San Antonio, TX
May 24, 2019
The Staff Lease Accountant (Transactions) on a daily basis will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties.
•The Staff Lease Accountant will work closely with the Lease Accounting Supervisor and team as part of the Shared Services Center (SSC). Individual will: Abstract, interpret, and analyze information on leases, amendments, assignments and other legal documents in accordance with departmental procedures; Review that all applicable cash requirements are prepared in accordance with lease terms; Determine appropriate Cost Code type, as well as various calculation methods for charges; Cost Code types determine general ledger posting. Identify and escalate problematic lease language that is financially detrimental or difficult to efficiently administer; Prepare analysis of financial impact. Identify procedural issues and submit improvement recommendations to Supervisor; Make suggestions to enhance efficiencies and minimize risk of error. Perform a self-review of all work products to ensure all accurate billings; Submit work product for approvals as required by department policy. Ability to work independently. Assist in corporate systems improvement initiatives by serving as a team member and/or performing required testing. Other duties and specific projects as assigned. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
o The ongoing job duties generally fall into these categories:
Lease Accounting- 80%
· Process and review lease transaction through accounting system
· Read and Interpret lease agreements and record proper accounting data.
· Assist Lease Supervisor in the coordination of program changes and reporting needs with core software IT department as well as database administrators.
· Participate in the process for structure accounting - this will incorporate panel and structure maintenance within the core software program as well as coordinating and reconciling with the fixed assets department and general accounting.
· Assist Lease Supervisor with the documentation of interpretation and compliance issues. Issues identified will be addressed with regional Real Estate and corporate Real Estate executives and solutions determined and documented.
· Participate in review process of lease accounting transactions for accuracy of the lease accounting team.
· Reconciliation of various g/l accounts as they pertain to Lease Accounting.
Drive Process Improvements – 20%
· Continuously suggest process improvements and procedures as the business evolves to implement improvements in policy, procedure and systems.
· Ensure documentation is consistently and continuously updated as part of best practice of maintaining documentation.
· Ensure that documentation and data accumulation standards are documented and enforced.
If you are extremely detail oriented, able to multi task and are looking to work in a great environment this position is for you! Contact your local Accountemps office at 210-696-8300 or email your resume to Katelyn Shanks at [email protected] to find out more about this job and other job opportunities.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Expertise in billing
- Deep understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Lease Accounting
- Foundational knowledge in Accounts Receivable (AR)
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
San Antonio, TX8000 IH-10, West
The Forum One Suite 1008, 10th Floor
San Antonio, TX 78230