Loan Servicing Speciliast
$50000 - 55000/year
New York, NY
October 11, 2018
Temporary Accounting & Finance
Ensures all real estate taxes and insurance payments are paid in a timely manner as required by Loan Servicing procedures. Makes disbursements using Core System (FISERV-DNA). Verifies all loan information transferred is accurate and works with Mortgage Originations and Post Closing to resolve any inaccuracies. Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and NCUA rules, regulations and laws while upholding internal commitment to quality member service. Demonstrates a high degree of efficiency and accuracy when disbursing tax and insurance payments. Reviews and escalates to management non-payments of taxes and insurance, and correctly identifies root causes of incidents which may impact members’ escrow accounts.
• Review new loans, verifying escrow balances and escrow payments are correctly on-boarded from MortgageBot, as a backup for New Loan Onboarding.
• Review escrow account setup, identifying tax and insurance payees.
• Process escrow collected at closing and reconcile to general ledger.
• Review weekly T&I expiration report to identify taxes due for next reporting cycle.
• Review Lereta reports to identify past due taxes.
• Review T&I expiration reports to identify insurance payments.
• Reconcile FISERV to verify if taxes and insurance payees identify proper (Y) or (N) escrow fields.
• Responsible for monthly escrow analysis reviews.
• Work with Loan Servicing – Member Service Specialists to provide answers to member queries.
Please send all resumes to [email protected]
• General knowledge of federal, state, county/city, investor, insurer and internal policies and procedures with regard to escrow requirements
• Good working knowledge of servicing guidelines and regulatory requirements established under RESPA and implemented through CFPB
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; experience with MortgageBot and Fiserv DNA preferred
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions
• Exhibit professionalism, empathy and courtesy in all interactions with internal members and colleagues
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• detail oriented appearance and willingness to work flexible work hours
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans