USD90000.00 - 110000.00 / Yearly
Long Beach, CA
May 26, 2019
What you get to do every single day
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Occasionally perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
For confidential consideration, please email your resume in MS Word format to David Bizub at [email protected] or call David at 310.719.1400. If you are already working with a recruiter from Robert Half, please contact him or her directly to expedite your candidacy for this role.
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Experience with financial reporting
- General familiarity with accounts payable
- Adeptness in financial reconciliation
- Solid understanding of corporate trust
- Financial statement preparation experience
- Knowledge of month end closings
- Practical knowledge of accounts receivable aging
- Proficiency in year end closings
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget forecasting
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Torrance, CA970 West 190th St.
Torrance, CA 90502