June 7, 2019
The Network Engineer person will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms and systems. Responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet/Telephony design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and support. Interacts and provides direction to IT team. Experience in telecommunications network design and management. Must be able to work independently, with little guidance, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement. Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services. Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes problems and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications. Closely coordinates with other IS system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. Develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
• LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet/Telephony responsible for design, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation of all aspects of network infrastructure.
• MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Complex routing, switching and wireless solutions - Cisco is a must.
• Cisco Enterprise Wireless communication design, configuration
• Firewalls/VPNs - Cisco and Palo Alto is a must
• IDS/IPS solutions - Websense/Palo Alto'
• Palo Alto next generation firewalls - malware prevention, IDS/IPS, Wildfire, Panorama
• Cisco - Prime, ISE, LiveAction, APIC-EM, WLC, Industrial switches, voice gateways
• KPI's (key performance indicators) - maintain accurate and timely reporting of KPI's identified.
• Achieve and maintain system uptime for critical servers or services.
• Internal controls (Audit) as applicable to the site - maintain guidelines for a system of internal control. Conduct self-audits and reviews to assess compliance.
• Maintain and manage vendor relationships.
• Management of third-party vendors and service provider's contracts.
• Project management - create and manage project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Including timely and accurate project reporting.
• Disaster recovery for site critical applications - ownership of all DR related items to include: documentation, design, planning, testing, and reporting.
• Documentation - maintains current and accurate documentation for the following: SOP (standard operating procedures, Processes, Contracts, Software licensing, managed services, networks, etc.
• Responsible for budget planning and development for all CIT sites.
• Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data/security networks.
• Maintain help desk resolution within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco for core network requirements
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Jacksonville Downtown, FL10751 Deerwood Park Blvd. South
Jacksonville, FL 32256