Financial Analyst – Health/Life Insurance
USD80000.00 - 90000.00 / Yearly
June 14, 2019
What you get to do every day
- Produce and monitor forecasting reports
- Work closely with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close processes
- Enable effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
- Survey performance to date and assess potential opportunities and risks
- Drive P&L forecasting and Area/Segment-level Bookings on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Collaborate with senior executives on strategic deep dives on creating financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, event tracking and execution, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, and strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- An ideal candidate should be highly flexible, comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
- Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources
- Work alongside cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations to ensure plans are properly executed
- Lead monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
- Possess the know-how and be able to explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience favored)
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Practical knowledge in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools required
- Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience preferred
- Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Parsippany, NJ35 Waterview Blvd.
Parsippany, NJ 07054