Software Support Engineer
$50000 - 70000/year
June 7, 2019
Technology & IT
We are actively looking for an experienced Software Support Engineer who shares our values to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing outstanding technical support to help customers meet their objectives for complying with environmental regulations. The Software Support Specialist achieves this objective by responding to customer requests for support and working to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the installation, configuration, application, and maintenance of our software products.
• Answer inbound phone calls and online chats, and respond to inbound email requests for support from customers
• Work independently and sometimes with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve customer support cases by replicating problems, isolating the cause of problems, identifying potential solutions to problems, testing potential solutions to problems, and working with the customer to implement solutions
• Document and track customer support cases throughout their life-cycle
• Prioritize and manage personal efforts to troubleshoot and resolve customer support cases to meet customer support goals
• Keep customers informed of progress made to troubleshoot and resolve customer support cases
• Document known solutions to common customer problems in the customer support knowledge base
• Report product enhancement requests or defects received from customers to the appropriate functional groups
• Communicate bug fixes and new product enhancements to customers
• Prepare and send out proposals for existing maintenance contract renewals
• Prepare and send out proposals for new service requests
• Enter orders when purchase orders received for renewals or new service contracts
• Follow up on late or outstanding renewals via phone and/or email
• Participation in webinars and/or user group presentations
• Bachelor’s degree desired (two-year degree acceptable)
• 3-5 years of experience in a customer service/support position (direct experience in a technical/software support position is a plus)
• Demonstrated ability to install, configure, use, maintain, and troubleshoot complex software products is a plus
• Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, relaying complex technical information, including being able to effectively communicate in urgent or emergency situations
• Ability to work with peers in a fast-paced environment
• Proven top performer in past jobs
• Proven Team Player that is humble, hungry and people-smart
What We Offer:
• Relaxed work environment
• Competitive Wage
• Competitive benefits package (Med, Den, Vision, 401K, company paid Life Insurance, etc.)
• Vacation & Sick leave
• Ten holidays per year
• Learning environment
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Austin, TX10801-2 N. Mopac Expressway
Austin, TX 78759