Corporate Tax Staff Accountant
USD30.00 - 34.00 / Hourly
May 22, 2019
The Tax Accountant prepares annual and interim federal tax provisions and income tax returns, including estimated tax and extension calculations. May also prepare state income and franchise tax returns for selected entities. May assist with other tax projects, as needed.
• Prepare quarterly GAAP/STAT federal tax provisions for assigned companies.
• Prepare annual GAAP/STAT federal tax provisions for assigned companies. Prepare annual federal income tax returns and quarterly estimates for assigned companies.
• Prepare annual state income and franchise tax returns, quarterly estimates, and extension calculations for assigned companies.
• Assist in completion of other tax-related projects, as needed.
• Effectively use software applications employed in the tax provision and return processes (Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint, OneSource tax provision, OneSource tax return, and other internally-developed programs).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 1-3 years tax experience with a CPA firm or in industry
• Solid tax and accounting skills.
• Ability to dependably meet tax-related deadlines, produce quality work, and deal with shifting priorities.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to interact with diverse individuals to obtain information for tax returns and provisions.
• Ability to utilize technology to enhance efficiencies.
• Good organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Strong achievement- and results-oriented focus to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
• Advanced degree in taxation a plus
• Candidate who possesses or is working toward a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Atlanta Galleria400 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339