Robert Half Legal Consulting Solutions
Roger Parsley has more than 20 years of professional experience in financial services and deep expertise in vendor risk management, information security, information/data governance, regulatory compliance and strategic change. Based in New York, he serves as a managing director with Robert Half Legal's consulting solutions practice, overseeing legal, compliance and risk management consulting services. Before joining Robert Half, he was director of the global third-party risk and control function for an international financial services firm and previously served as its director of information and cyber security risk in the Americas. With strong technical and industry qualifications, Mr. Parsley has successfully led strategic, large-scale, transformational change across a diverse portfolio of regulated businesses, reduced corporate risks and liabilities, managed regulatory engagements, and streamlined business operations.
Areas of Expertise
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Third Party Contract Remediation
- Information Security
- Information and Data Governance
- Regulatory Engagement
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
- Directed the second line Third Party Risk and Control (TPRC) function for a large international financial services institution, including the management of strategic partnerships with third parties, contract remediation activities (to align vendor service contracts with risk and control requirements), and the operational management of the global vendor risk assessment team (covering InfoSec, BCM, Physical Security & IT Risk) based in the EU.
- Responsible for an international financial services firm’s second line information security risk function in the Americas region, and the governance of third-party information security risk, globally. Led the build out of the CISO Americas function to broaden its impact in the region, focusing on implementation of the strategic blueprint for IS, regulatory exam preparation (e.g. FFIEC CAT) and execution, external stakeholder engagement and collaboration, internal stakeholder management (board level and department heads), and representing the CISO function in strategic regional initiatives (e.g., country exit initiatives, legal entity buildouts).
- Supervised the development of a strategic information security risk target operating model to define the second line information security governance, risk appetite, KPIs and tolerance thresholds, aligned to ‘three lines of defense’ concept.
- University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK, Master of Engineering - Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- CTPRP (Certified Third-Party Risk Professional)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (2006)