There are many reasons talented technology professionals find IT contract jobs rewarding. Some prefer project work over full-time employment because of the flexibility. Others want to solidify new technical skills while trying out a different career path. Some just want diverse assignments—or the ability to work on similar ones that require specialized expertise.
Whatever your reason for pursuing temporary work, Robert Half Technology can give you a distinct advantage as you venture into the world of IT contract jobs. Here are six reasons why:
1. Specialization—Working with a staffing agency that's focused exclusively on placing technology professionals offers you a better chance of finding the right opportunity than you'd get working with a generalist firm. Robert Half Technology's staffing specialists understand what you do and know how to market your skills because they've often held similar positions themselves.
2. A range of opportunities—Whether you're looking for a project position, a contract-to-full-time role or temporary placement on an existing IT team, our professionals can help you connect with IT contract jobs that align with your work preferences.
3. Knowledge of trends—Robert Half Technology conducts ongoing research to give candidates—and the businesses that hire them—the best information about employment and salary trends in the technology field. With access to up-to-date information, candidates are better equipped to decide which coding languages, skills or systems expertise to highlight on a resume—or develop further. You'll also receive timely advice ranging from tips on getting hired to information on jobs in high demand.
4. Free training—The requirements for IT contract jobs are constantly shifting. To help the candidates we work with increase their marketability, Robert Half Technology offers online training in Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco technologies, as well as project management and other valuable skills. We offer free training 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which is available to you as soon as you register.
5. Global reach—With more than 120 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology has contacts at many leading organizations in need of professionals for IT contract jobs. Our network is extended even further through the strategic partnerships we maintain with corporations and trade associations. Our reach and relationships mean more opportunities for you, including the chance to experience different work environments, tackle new challenges and network with a wide community of potential employers and peers.
6. Recognized leadership—Our parent company, Robert Half, has been a leader in specialized staffing services since 1948. In fact, we pioneered this type of service to companies. We also continue to win accolades for our business practices. FORTUNE® magazine has included Robert Half on its "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Registering with Robert Half Technology can help you find IT contract jobs that fit your unique combination of skills and experience.