Posted by Michelle Johanson on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - 00:00
Curious what your peers are earning in the same administrative job? Learn more about the latest salary trends in the just-released OfficeTeam 2015 Salary Guide.
Your administrative salary certainly isn’t the only key to your job satisfaction, but it does matter. In a survey by OfficeTeam and the International Association of Administrative Professionals, 46% of admins said they are paid less than they deserve. Whether you’re entering job offer negotiations or pursuing a raise, knowing the current standards can help you earn an appropriate salary.
According to the OfficeTeam 2015 Salary Guide, salaries for administrative professionals are expected to increase an average of 3.4% in 2015. Many roles will see even greater improvements, among them:
• Human resources assistants: Their starting salaries are expected to increase 4.3% next year, to the range of $31,500 to $42,000.
• Senior executive assistants: Base compensation will be between $50,500 and $67,250 – an increase of 4.2%.
• Senior administrative assistants: Starting salaries will rise 4.2%, to between $38,250 and $49,000.
• Office/facilities managers: Base compensation is expected to climb 4.1%, to the range of $38,750 to $50,000.
• Medical executive assistants: Their starting salaries will increase 4.1%, to between $40,000 and $56,250.
• Senior call center representatives: They will also see a 4.1% increase in base compensation. Salaries will range from $33,000 to $43,250.
Professionals who live in higher cost-of-living markets, as well as those with certifications, in-demand skills and/or multilingual abilities typically earn even more.
In additional to salary gains, you may also notice other components of the compensation package improving. To secure and retain the best professionals, many employers are trying to stand out by offering perks like flexible schedules, subsidized training, on-site services and additional vacation time.
To learn more about administrative salary trends and customize pay levels for your geographic area, download your free copy of the OfficeTeam 2015 Salary Guide at the OfficeTeam Salary Center.