Posted by Cynthia Kong on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 00:00
What employment trends are in store for businesses and job seekers this year? Robert Half research identifies in-demand jobs and salary ranges for 2014.
As the U.S. economy continues to recover, some areas are anticipated to be bright spots this year, based on the 2014 Salary Guides from Robert Half.
In general, U.S. starting salaries for professional occupations are projected to increase an average of 3.7% in 2014. Base compensation for administrative positions is expected to increase 3.3% this year. Executive assistants and customer service managers are in particular demand, with starting salary ranges for each role anticipated to rise 4.1%.
4 employment trends have also emerged:
1. Employers are facing recruitment challenges and must move quickly in making an offer to top candidates to avoid losing them to the competition.
2. Companies are focused on retention efforts to keep their best employees.
3. Hiring managers aren't just looking for people with the right skills -- they also want individuals who are a good fit with their corporate culture.
4. The healthcare, financials services and manufacturing industries are particularly active with hiring.
Check out the infographic below or the video version for a breakdown of in-demand jobs and hiring trends across the technology, finance, creative, administrative and legal areas.
You can also visit the OfficeTeam Salary Center to access information about compensation ranges and workplace trends specific to the administrative field.
What employment trends are you seeing in your local area?
- Hiring and Salary Trends for Administrative Positions in 2014
- Top Paying Careers in the Administrative Field
- 6 Highlights From Our Webinar About Hiring Trends for Administrative Jobs