Posted by Michelle Johanson on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 00:00
When I think of the employers I’ve stayed with the longest over my working days, one thing unites them all: My hard work was noticed and appreciated. The recognition wasn’t always flashy or expensive, but it made me feel loyal to the company and willing to continue putting in extra effort.
When was the last time you made your employees feel that way? Here are some tips for providing recognition and giving thanks to your administrative staff from OfficeTeam's 30 Creative Ideas for Boosting Morale and Retention:
• Celebrate individual achievements in front of their coworkers during Administrative Professionals Week. This event is only a few weeks away, running April 20-26.
• Nominate employees for internal and external awards for their work. When you’re thinking of your team for these opportunities, don’t forget to consider what administrative staff have contributed that’s worthy of praise.
• Encourage people to attend professional conferences and then share their newly acquired knowledge with colleagues at your company.
• Give administrative personnel a subscription to an industry trade publication, such as OfficePro or Executive Secretary.
• Implement ideas suggested by support staff, making sure others know the source of the contributions.
• Ask experienced administrative professionals to mentor junior employees. This can bring a strong feeling of pride at being acknowledged for their expertise while helping them build supervisory skills.
• Give your office support staff business cards. This sounds like a minor way to give thanks, but it shows you consider administrative staff a valuable component to your professional team.
How do you provide recognition to administrative professionals you work with?