Posted by OfficeTeam on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
Who doesn’t want fun, new gadgets they can use at work? You know, the kind that make coworkers “ooh” and “aah” with jealousy. Here are some worth throwing in your shopping cart this holiday season.
Are you ready for Black Friday? The biggest shopping day of the year is a great time to splurge on yourself or find holiday gifts for coworkers. Of course, shopping can be faster and easier when you have a list of cool office gadgets and desktop accessories that are perfect for office professionals.
Here are some of our favorites, from the quirky to the high-tech — and sometimes both at once.
Taking notes, lengthy messages and dictation just got easier. This handy device takes notes just like a regular pen, and it can convert your handwriting to digital text, too. Pretty amazing, right? But there’s more: Intelligent pens can record audio, then highlight entries in your handwritten notes based on the stored audio. Check out a sampling of these novice nibs:
- With WiFi and echo features, you’ll never miss a word with Livescribe™.
- Real ink and real paper go digital with Equil® Smartpen 2.
- Multifunctional Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 comes with an S-Pen locked and loaded.
USB creature comforts
There’s now an abundance of handy USB office gadgets that can improve life in the office when they’re plugged into your computer. If you groan every time the air conditioning clicks on, maybe a USB warming blanket or gloves will boost your body temperature — and your productivity. Are the office environment and paper shuffling wreaking havoc on your skin? A USB humidifier might be just the ticket. Plug into these awesome office gadgets:
- Keep coffee steaming on the way to work and in-office with the RoadPro 12V/USB Heated Travel Mug.
- Humidifier in the cold and soothing mist machine in the heat, Satechi™ Portable Humidifier has you covered year round.
- Your pens will never go missing again — or if they do, you’ll know — with the Portal 2 Sentry Turret USB Desk Defender.
If you sit in a high-traffic area — or across from a loud talker — noise-reducing headphones could cut distractions while you work on routine tasks like data entry. Is it OK to stream music in your office? Check with your manager if you’re not sure. Also, choose a station that doesn’t interfere with your work quality while it’s blocking other noise. If song lyrics distract you, try classical music or jazz — or white noise. We looked to CNET to find this silencing selection:
- Did you hear that? Not with Bose QuietComfort® 25, you didn’t.
- Audio-Technica QuietPoint® ATH-ANC1: A lightweight model to keep your office world oh-so-quiet.
- You can keep glaring at coworkers. Or you can let Monoprice Noise Cancelling headphones work their technological magic.
If you’re responsible for managing a multitude of calendars, it helps to have one that doesn’t need replacing each year. Perpetual calendars include easy-to-change elements indicating the month and the date but don’t include the year, so you can use them for as long as you like. They’re also great office desk accessories that can really brighten up a workspace. These office gadgets come in many forms, including sculptural pieces and old-fashioned paper designs. Here are a few examples of this functional fun:
- A Star Trek calendar ensures dates never slip through your Vulcan death grip.
- Dependable Letterpress offers this dependable paper calendar for typography buffs.
- Love modern art? The MoMa® perpetual calendar is designed for you.
Not your ordinary sticky notes
To brighten your workspace, trade your plain yellow sticky notes for something with a little more flair. The options are endless, from pads that look like floppy disks and iPhones to fruits, toast and even origami. The following stuck in our minds:
- Stay on top of your game and your business with adhesive Tetris®-themed notes.
- Jotting a reminder or nagging a coworker? Knock Knock® has you covered.
- Add a classy retro feel to your workday, with a Cavallini & Co. decorative office sticky note set.
Whether you’re shopping for gadgets and office desk accessories that help ramp up productivity or brighten a coworker’s day, there are two points to remember: First, always follow workplace guidelines to avoid offending colleagues or clients with your choices. And consult IT before buying USB devices, so you don’t end up frying a motherboard or causing a security breach.
What awesome gadgets do you use daily? Planning on treating yourself to any new ones? Let us know in the comments section.