4 Self-Improvement Books That Can Help You Get Your Work Life on Track


For many, spring can’t come soon enough! With this time of year, thoughts often go to spring cleaning, including taking steps to get organized and improving ourselves. While you may first think of making the effort at home, it’s also a great time to work on being a better admin. Here are some self-improvement books that can help.

It seems everyone is busy these days and that can mean productivity and overall job satisfaction can slide. Are you as sharp, happy and organized as you should be? Perhaps you don’t have a grip on stress management or could benefit from time management tips.

Self-improvement books can be a great resource in your spring cleaning efforts. The OfficeTeam Book Club gives you some options to consider:

1. Procrastinate on Purpose: 5 Permissions to Multiply Your Time by Rory Vaden
This book provides some standard time management tips, but takes things a bit further and offers a more unique thought – that it’s OK to procrastinate sometimes. The author makes readers think about the long-term consequences of their actions as they prioritize tasks.

2. Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang
Facing a career crossroads and trying to figure out what to do next? Now What? helps you get started with your plans. This revised edition addresses modern-day dilemmas and includes new stories.

3. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
While it’s good to focus on self-improvement at your job, often people are so focused on overcoming weaknesses that that they don’t pay enough attention to their strengths. This book’s intent is to get people to concentrate on what they do best. It includes an assessment to help readers identify their talents.

4. Managing Stress in the Workplace: How to Get Rid of Stress at Work and Live a Longer Life by Joe Martin
The author notes that just 10 percent of our lives is actually determined by events and circumstances; the remaining 90 percent is shaped by how we react to them. This book can help you get a handle on stress management by following the four As: avoid, alter, adapt and accept.

What are some of your favorite self-improvement books that might help others with spring cleaning in their professional lives? Share your recommendations below.

Related Articles: