Looking to land the best candidates in New York? Try beefing up your corporate philanthropy programs! That’s because more than four in 10 (42 percent) professionals say an organization’s participation in charitable activities is at least somewhat of a factor in their decision to work there.
Not only can corporate philanthropy programs be a selling point when recruiting candidates, but they can also help boost employee morale and improve retention rates. Employees can connect more to a company — and are more likely to stay — if they’re proud about what their organization is doing in the community.
Looking to get involved but not sure where to start? Here are five easy ways to give your company’s corporate philanthropy programs a boost:
- Give back. Organize a toy, food or clothing drive that benefits a local nonprofit organization.
- Huddle up. Provide the opportunity for employees to volunteer as a group at a soup kitchen or beach cleanup. This doubles as a great team-building activity.
- Show your support. Sponsor, host or participate in a charity event such as an auction or 5K run.
- Chip in. Donate to causes that matter most to employees, such as disaster-relief efforts or local schools.
- Match it. Consider offering a matching-gifts program that supplements workers’ charitable contributions or activities.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing more on the blog about some of the corporate philanthropy programs that Robert Half teams are involved in this holiday season. Stay tuned!
What is your company doing to give back? Start the conversation and tell us about your plans below!