Posted by Robert Half Management Resources on Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
What are the top priorities for CFOs and finance professionals heading into 2015? Financial Executives Research Foundation (FERF), the research affiliate of Financial Executives International (FEI), and Protiviti have identified them in their 2015 Finance Priorities Survey.
- Finance functions are striving to gain greater visibility toward the “cash” horizon.
- Finance executives are placing more importance on strategic planning, risk management, executive dashboards, profitability analysis and other strategic areas of financial analysis.
- Finance functions want to manage and improve related processes in a comprehensive manner. Strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting rank among the highest priorities in the entire study, which demonstrates an intent to strengthen overall corporate performance management.
- Getting the right talent in the right place is a formidable challenge.
- Soft skills have hard value – Cultivating stronger communications, collaboration and relationship-building skills throughout ranks is high priority in 2015.