Posted by Lisa Fulmer on Friday, May 2, 2014 - 00:00
Spring is in full bloom. Just as nature’s vibrant colors emerge and signs of growth abound, businesses can take this time to ponder what it will take for them to flourish, such as through mergers and acquisitions and change management. Here are recent related articles from some of our go-to sites for accounting news, finance trends and leadership advice:
- In this interview with CFO.com, Dan Fairfax, CFO at Brocade Communications Systems, discusses how he works to fend off inertia within his teams after a major acquisition.
- A corporate leader's five key responsibilities, no matter what the company size or industry is, are spelled out in this article on CEO.com.
- Judith Glaser, author of Conversational Intelligence—How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results, discusses the four factors of change management that separate the successes from the failures on the HuffPost Business blog.
- A Harvard professor’s theory that great leaders must have a profound appreciation for the power of their followers is explored in this article on Inc.com.
- A group of business entrepreneurs weigh the pros and cons of using advisory boards to help them address change issues on the New York Times’ blog, You’re the Boss.