Posted by Lisa Fulmer on Friday, February 7, 2014 - 00:00
Welcome to Business Brief!
Every other Friday, we’ll share a quick recap of management news and recent financial and business systems articles. You might pick up a good icebreaker topic for your next meeting, gain some useful executive guidance, or just enjoy a little food for thought.
- Glenn Llopis shares his view on Forbes.com about the unique character qualities and leadership abilities that women bring to the workplace.
- Journalists discuss rising CEO salaries at major tech firms in Silicon Valley in this Bloomberg TV video clip.
- Stephen Green, former British trade minister and former chairman of global banking group HSBC, is interviewed by the New York Times about effective leadership principles and common management mistakes.
- Some CEOs find working without a desk to be quite liberating! Read more from The Wall Street Journal.
- Check out this post on Forbes.com that outlines three career-ending mistakes executives make.
Stay tuned for more financial and business systems insights from Robert Half Management Resources.