Posted by Robert Half Legal on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's weekly offering of essential legal news and trends that impact the field today. This week's news includes links to articles pertaining to a recent CLO survey, law school reforms, 2014 compensation trends, and the changing employment landscape.
- Read more about the results of the ACC’s “Chief Legal Officers 2014 Survey” – what lawyers think their biggest challenges are this year, how they’re managing fees and more. (Corporate Counsel)
- Expect to see the rise of a new type of employment for lawyers – a more multidimensional, customized application of a lawyer’s skills and talents to provide client value when and where it’s required. (ABA Journal)
- Learn how to get the most from your PDF files in this podcast featuring "Ernie the Attorney” and his book, "Acrobat in One Hour for Lawyers." (Legal Talk Network)
- The ABA calls for reforms in legal education to reduce cost and improve the value of law degrees. (American Bar Association)
- Professionals with in-demand skills can expect modest salary increases this year, according to a recent survey. (Kiplinger.com)