Posted by Robert Half Legal on Friday, February 7, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's weekly offering of essential legal news and trends that impact the field today. This week's news includes links to articles pertaining to lateral hiring, corporate cybersecurity, a new mobile app for lawyers and more.
- Two professors weigh in on the topic of hiring attorneys from rival firms. (Wall Street Journal)
- ALM just announced the launch of its Law.com mobile app, which consolidates legal news from across its entire network by practice area. (ALM.com)
- Vicki Voisin hosts a lively discussion in this podcast about how paralegals can conquer their fears of public speaking to advance their career and daily life. (Legal Talk Network)
- Momentum for demand in the legal field picked up as 2013 progressed, and given positive economic indicators, it’s projected that 2014 will be a stronger year. (The American Lawyer)
- News about consumer data breaches isn’t media hype; hackers are a growing problem for businesses to address. (Corporate Counsel)