Posted by Robert Half Legal on Friday, December 20, 2013 - 00:00 | Follow me
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's weekly offering of essential legal news and trends that impact the field today. This week's news includes links to articles pertaining to the best law firms, law school enrollment, commercial drones, working while on vacation and New Year’s career resolutions.
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers released their 2014 Best Law Firms report that ranks 11,000 firms in 120 practice areas within 170 metro locales. (U.S. News & World Report)
- Why are the current law school enrollments down to 1977 levels and what does it mean for the next generation of lawyers? (The Wall Street Journal)
- In this podcast , two lawyers discuss the legal issues facing Amazon’s drones and how things will likely play out. (Legal Talk Network)
- Learn what the Fair Labor Standards Act has to say about compensation if your staff is performing any work duties while on vacation. (Corporate Counsel)
- Here are some New Year’s resolutions that will jump-start your career, plus tips for sticking to your plan. (Forbes)