Posted by Robert Half Legal on Friday, March 21, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's weekly offering of essential legal news and trends that impact the field today. This week, read about how smart devices are a driving force in effective law practice, learn if copyright reform is coming soon, see a list of law schools with the highest earning graduates, and more.
- Smartphones, tablets and notebook computers enable improved work product, information access, and provide a platform for legal professionals to be more effective. Read more. (Law.com)
- Is copyright reform in the music business forthcoming? The U.S. Copyright Office announces that it is studying the effectiveness of the music-licensing system. (Corporate Counsel)
- See the 2014 list of law schools whose graduates earned the biggest paychecks (Forbes)
- 'Sue & Settle' Cases Under Fire - they're seen as a mode of regulation by stealth. (National Law Journal)
- A federal judge ruled that Yahoo's system for auto-texting users when their email accounts have received a new message is not in violation of federal law. (The Legal Intelligencer)
*Some articles may require a subscription to view.