Posted by Lisa Hamilton on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 00:00
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's weekly offering of legal news and trends* of interest that impact the field today. This week, TSA officers should demonstrate more care, a teacher chooses true friendship over her job, copyright infringement causes turmoil for a major Internet radio company, and more.
- TSA officers can be sued over baggage search. (The Legal Intelligencer)
- In a speech by a retired U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice, he tells new lawyers, “Don't bend the rules.” Read more. (Daily Report)
- True friendship transcends social media…a teacher loses her job for refusing to unfriend a student. (Corporate Counsel)
- Employment discrimination suits are in a downward trend. (Corporate Counsel)
- Copyright infringement takes center stage in major record labels' suit against Internet radio giant Pandora. (ABC News)
Do you find the news here of interest? Any other topics you 'd like us to present each week?
*Some articles may require a subscription to view.