Posted by Judy Velasquez on Monday, June 2, 2014 - 00:00
Legal Lately is Robert Half Legal's offering of the latest trends and news* impacting the legal profession and your legal career today. Here's a list of the five things you need to know from the latest industry news. We hope they benefit you as you plan your busy workweek. Did you know…Skype™ may be more useful in your future global business communications and knowing top technology trends today can help in your career advancement tomorrow? Read on…
- As law firms and legal departments work with global clients, how do they overcome language barriers? Skype™ believes they may have the answer. (CNN.com)
- Mastering law office technology is essential to career advancement, as we noted in "5 Tips You Can Use to Get Ahead in Your Legal Career". Discover the top 10 technology trends shaping the legal industry today. (American Bar Association)
- eDiscovery is the star of the show in an indie film about the past, present and future of electronic discovery. (Law Technology News)
- Trade secrets are challenging enough to safeguard in the U.S., but what about internationally? Here are tips to consider for protecting trade secrets abroad. (Corporate Counsel)
- According to the Cybersecurity Law Institute at Georgetown Law Center, corporate counsel and their companies (including outside counsel) should build strong relationships with government agencies and come clean about data breaches. (Law Technology News)
Do you use Skype® for client communications? Are you well-versed in the latest technology? Would you watch the eDiscovery movie if it was shown near you? Please share any thoughts you have on the news stories presented here.
*Some articles may require a subscription to view.