Posted by Robert Half Legal on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 00:00 | Follow me
If you'll be at the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) conference, May 19-22, in Toronto, Canada, we invite you to attend our session “Extreme Makeover – Law Firm Edition: The Legal Function Transformed."
Support staff in many law firms are assuming new responsibilities, taking on roles that are quite different from when they started their careers. Today, legal staff members are often performing high-value functions within the workplace – for example, drafting legal documents, managing client relationships and, for some, supporting attorneys’ business development efforts. This expanded support staff role is increasingly becoming necessary to keep business operations running smoothly and cost-effectively.
If this sounds like something your law firm is experiencing, you should attend our session at this legal conference on Tuesday, May 20, 2:45pm-4:00pm. Robert Half Legal's Executive Director Charles “Chad” Volkert will be presenting a session titled, “Extreme Makeover – Law Firm Edition: The Legal Function Transformed”, to address these issues.
In the session, you’ll learn to:
- Understand the current needs of the firm and develop ways to transition your staff.
- Obtain buy-in to create cultural shift.
- Educate staff on the value of client service and their role in business development.
- Identify gaps in the current service levels, define expertise levels and provide training to meet defined baseline levels.
- Develop a team-approach system.
We hope you will join us at the ALA conference. In addition to the session, stop by our booth (#800) in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre exhibit hall. See you there!