USD130000.00 - 150000.00 / Yearly
June 3, 2019
Our client is searching for an IT Director who can maintain and expand our computer and network systems. The ideal candidate will be able to manage our Cloud, Windows Systems, WAN, LAN, and SAN platforms, while looking for ways to grow our infrastructure in a cost-effective way to meet future needs. The IT Director will be responsible for developing infrastructure maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to succeed
• Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
• Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
• Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
• Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released
• Investigate root cause of system issues and implement corrective actions ensuring resolution and non-recurrence.
• Manage work processes, develop realistic plans and timetables, and implement performance measures to track progress, outcomes, and accomplishments.
• Maintains minimum disruption to business by assuring all supported applications are performing within expected service levels.
• Ensures all system data is stored and backed up appropriately and timely according to established criteria.
• Hybrid Cloud and on-prem IT support
• Ensure timely response and follow thru on all internal help desk inquiries
• Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the industry and provide recommendations on opportunities to improve or expand services.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
• 8+ years’ experience in information technology management
• 10+ years’ Systems administration experience must demonstrate responsibility for the operation of Windows Server hardware installation of operating system and application software Active Directory DNS daily back-ups utilities etc
• 4+ years’ experience understanding network infrastructure and managing network infrastructure staff.
• 2+ years’ working in a cloud environment
• Multi-factor authentication systems
• Incident and Problem Management experience
• Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure solutions
• Supervise staff development, including coaching and mentoring, of all IT staff.
• Experience in managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services ensuring their compliance against contracts.
• Must be able to initiate projects, follow through, achieve outcomes, and work independently
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with peer groups and subordinates.
• Documenting processes and creating and maintaining operating procedures experience.
• Able to perform one-on-one and small group training
• Basic understanding of A/V systems, wireless, and general routing/switching
• High-availability technologies like load balancing and clustering
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Washington DC1401 I Street NW
Washington, DC 20005