May 6, 2019
Technology & IT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
• Provide excellent customer service to employees and business partners.
• Configure, install, troubleshoot and maintain local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications.
• Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, security and backups.
• Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
• Train users on software and equipment usage.
• Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
• Communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
• Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
• Install and test software upgrades and service packs.
• Responsible for wireless and office telephone administration
• Maintain and manage Company’s local (LAN), wireless (WLAN) and wide (WAN) area network.
• Maintain and configure existing network infrastructure including VLANs, QoS, firewall and routing policies
• Configure and deploy new desktops, laptops and routes hardware to appropriate locations.
• Assist with maintaining written documentation, which defines upcoming infrastructure needs and/or requirements.
• Maintain, upgrade and repair servers and desktop computers.
• Setup and configure MS Office applications including e-mail and Internet settings, file locations, etc.
• Independently produce and maintain technical documentation related to complex tasks and projects.
• Self-Motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to quality
• Resourcefulness in order to tackle any problem.
• Basic understanding of IT systems including end-user technology
• Basic understanding of routing, switching and firewalls.
• Basic understanding of fundamental network design and operation including DNS, subnets, TCP/IP, IPv4.
• Passion for learning about and working in the IT field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a small team environment
• Adept hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Analytical and critical thinking
• Organization and time management skills
• Ability to work nights and weekends (on-call rotation and special projects)
• High attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
• Access to reliable transportation.
Education / Experience:
• A preferred candidate should have or be pursuing a degree in Information Technology or a related technical field
• 0-3 years of experience working as a technology professional
• A current relatable certification in CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, etc. is a plus
• Experience with networking and server concepts (Hyper-V, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, LDAP, ACL, etc.) is preferred
• Experience with Cisco routers / switches / wireless, Fortinet Firewalls, Shoretel Phones is a plus
• Experience supporting Windows 10, Android and IOS devices
• Experience with Microsoft Office and O365 applications
• Experience staging computing assets, including software builds and imaging.
• Experience with Help Desk and Incident management systems is a plus.
• Familiar with PowerShell and other scripting languages
*For immediate consideration; please send resumes to [email protected]*
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Woodbridge, NJ10 Woodbridge Center Drive
Woodbridge, NJ 07095