USD80000.00 - 85000.00 / Yearly
May 16, 2019
BI Developer II
Location: Torrance, CA
Target Salary: $80,000-85,000/year + Benefits (Very Healthy Package)
****This is a direct-hire, permanent (full-time) position.
The Business Intelligence Developer II is responsible for contributing to the development, test, maintenance, and enhancement of all Business Intelligence (BI) applications including Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), providing specialized technical expertise to multi-faceted BI projects.
***Power BI constitutes 50% of the position. Seeking a mid-level BI Developer with 3-5+ years of experience – tons of room for growth. Options for advancement as Lead or Sr. BI Developer or in Managerial capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in cross functional teams within both business units and Information Technology to assist with gathering and evaluating detailed project requirements to support delivery of effective business intelligence and reporting solutions.
- Perform detailed systems, business and data analysis as preparation for implementation of complex BI projects.
- Assist with creation of functional and technical specifications.
- Develop and test Database programming components including, but not limited to, stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers to support Data Warehouse batch processes as well as enterprise data integration.
- Develop and test ETL components using one or more ETL tools including DI, SSIS, etc.
- Develop and test custom reports and executive dashboards using one or more BI tools including SSRS, Business Objects, etc.
- Support interfaces with users and third party entities.
- Maintain, revise, and update existing software as required.
- Analyze, write, and produce ad-hoc queries and/or reports as required.
- Prepare technical and/or end-user documentation as required.
- Provide Production support of BI applications and systems.
- Mentor more junior developers and act as a lead in complex projects as needed.
- Troubleshoot and debugging system failures and/or code as needed.
- Adhere to best practices and standards as defined in the Software Development Life Cycle procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest developments of related technology.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels. Required Skills
Knowledge, experience, skills and abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft’s BI stack and Business Intelligence best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Working Knowledge of SAP’s DI, Business Objects.
- In-depth knowledge of relational data modeling including star schemas.
- In-depth knowledge Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiar with project management techniques.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts.
- Solid teamwork, interpersonal, and customer service skills; ability to work well in cross-functional teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to conduct in-depth research as required.
- Ability to work well under the direction of others.
- Ability to interact effectively with all level of management, staff and members encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret financial and statistical data, information and documents.
- Ability to work well under intensive deadlines
***For IMMEDIATE and confidential consideration, please EMAIL resume directly to Landon Barfoot at [email protected]
***Candidate must be able to start role 2 weeks within accepting potential offer!
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Westwood, CA10960 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024