The Woodlands, TX
May 20, 2019
Technology & IT
How you will make an impact
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Supports end users and other partner groups, providing ongoing training and assistance for a particular application, system or process
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Reviews methods of processing and recommends improvements
- Guides internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation through troubleshooting and/or education
- Examines user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Writes functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Makes recommendations about how, when or whether to make the changes
- Collaborates on establishing communication materials for specific system changes being implemented in production
- Assembles and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- 5+ years experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Essential project management skills, including project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation
- Good working understanding of programming languages
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware/software and PC operations required
- React experience desired
- Node experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
The Woodlands, TX1780 Hughes Landing Blvd
The Woodlands, TX 77380