June 14, 2019
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in developing and maintaining the Internal Audit IT Risk Assessment.
• Primary function will be to plan and perform risk based/security audits in areas including, but not limited to, applications (internal & external facing), databases, operating systems, network, sensitive data, patch management, change management, BCP/DR, third party, cloud, etc.
• Oversee the development of IT Audit staff and ensure the execution of
• Perform regulatory or compliance audits as required.
• Interact with external audit firms and provide guidance and support for audit engagements.
• Effectively analyzes and assesses risk to develop audit procedures, execute test procedures, and conclude on the operating effectiveness of relevant controls through the development of formal reports.
• Leverages appropriate resources for planning the audit engagement, and effectively leads interviews/meetings to ensure relevant information is obtained for analysis.
• Performs an appropriate level of testing based on the scope and risk, without over- or under-auditing.
• Produces work paper documentation that is clear and concise, provides adequate detail of work performed and conclusions reached, meets department and professional standards, and is sufficient to receive a satisfactory rating from reviewers.
• Communicates obstacles or problems as they are encountered throughout the audit.
• Step up to plan and lead audits when and as required.
• Identifies control issues and findings timely, and ensures findings are based on relevant facts and are accurately characterized (based on risk).
• Clearly communicates control findings to Internal Audit Management as they are identified.
• Shares IA process and business area knowledge with team members.
• Maintaining appropriate industry associations to keep up to date with emerging technologies/IT risks and identify/leverage audit best practices. Ensure Internal Audit team is advised of key developments in all areas of responsibility.
• Working with external auditors to coordinate IT coverage across areas of responsibility and ensure that audit work is comprehensive and sufficient to allow the external auditors to rely on the work.
• Challenges the ‘status-quo’ and brings original ideas to the team.
• Fosters a team environment, is inclusive and works well with others.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required (e.g., Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting)
• 1+ years of internal and/or external IT audit experience required.
• Mix of operational and IT audit experience desired.
• Experience as project lead including:
o Risk Assessment
o Audit execution
o Issue/report writing
• Business risk awareness and appropriate judgment to use a risk-based approach while executing the audits.
• High level of tact and ability to communicate complex and potentially sensitive issues to various levels of management – both within IT functions and outside to key non-technical business personnel.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Must possess excellent communications skills (written and oral).
• Excellent presentation, relationship building and interaction skills.
• Must possess strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
• Must be able to think analytically, independently and objectively.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff and management (including C-level executives).
• Must have working knowledge of tools & technical processes including: identity & access management, database management; software development and quality assurance methodologies, change management, vulnerability management, penetration testing, data loss prevention, batch processing, business continuity/disaster recovery planning; enterprise architecture, telecommunications, data center operations etc.
• Must have working knowledge of and associated risk with Applications (internal & external facing), Storage Systems (SAN, NAS, and Data Warehouse), Database (SQL), OS (Windows/Linux), Client-Server Systems, LAN/WAN, Wireless Networks, Cloud Computing Systems, Microsoft Azure, AWS Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Virtualization, etc.
• Understanding of IT control frameworks (COBIT, ISO 27002, NIST, ITIL, etc.) is required.
• Knowledge of SOX 302/404, SSAE 16/SOC1/2/3, PCI and/or GLBA is a plus.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Greenville, SC75 Beattie Place
Greenville, SC 29601