Analytics Manager - Data Mart
$150000 - 190000/year
Scotts Valley, CA
April 19, 2019
Technology & IT
This position will manage and lead the analytical data mart function, including the gathering and assessment of business information needs for enterprise analytics and preparation of system requirements in order to create a single source.
To succeed in this position you will need:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a related field.
• Experience in data mart management and healthcare data analytics and reporting.
• Working knowledge of SAS and/or SAS Enterprise Miner.
• Working knowledge of healthcare business processes, such as claims/encounters, membership, and capitation.
• Working knowledge of industry standards, such as 820, 834, 837, and NCPDP.
• Working knowledge of the tools and techniques of data modeling and mining in a large/diverse environment.
• Working knowledge of ETL development or programming, data loads, cleansing, and database utilities.
• Some knowledge of big data, such as HIVE, HQL, and PIG.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Thorough knowledge of data warehouse and analytical data mart concepts;
• Thorough knowledge of SQL;
• Thorough knowledge of the tools and techniques of data analysis and information reporting;
• Thorough knowledge of information repository issues and concepts;
• Working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools;
• Working knowledge of Joint Application Design (JAD) facilitation or other requirements-gathering techniques;
• Working knowledge of relational database concepts and the creation of queries and reports using SQL and Tableau;
• Working knowledge of data elements and their relationship to data quality requirements;
• Working knowledge of the methods of conceptual and root-cause analysis;
• Working knowledge of research, analysis and reporting methods;
• Working knowledge of statistical concepts and their application to informatics reporting;
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of project management;
• Working knowledge of and proficiency in Window based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat;
• Some knowledge of the basic principles and practices of supervision and training;
• Ability to train, mentor, supervise, and evaluate the work of staff;
• Ability to develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize analytical data mart activities;
• Ability to maintain team morale and objective leadership in a dynamic and high pressure environment;
• Ability to interpret and apply complex principles, policies, terms and procedures;
• Ability to define issues, interpret data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for action;
• Ability to independently document, summarize and resolve complex issues and projects;
• Ability to present strategic information, data and results in a clear and understandable manner utilizing methods appropriate to various forums;
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in both written and oral form;
• Ability to foster effective and collaborative working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization; and
• Ability to adapt to or initiate change.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
San Jose, CA10 Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113