Workday Product Manager
San Ramon, CA
April 22, 2019
Technology & IT
- Define and maintain functional product development strategy and roadmap
- Thoroughly understands the needs of the business, evaluates Workday capabilities, and uses this information to determine what features to implement. Clearly communicates those objectives to Systems and Business partners, along with feedback on product strategy, to team members.
- Closely partners with other Product Managers on global roll outs.
- Anticipates the needs of the business, drawing on experience when providing recommendations.
- Proactively approaches business with new Workday features and opportunities that benefit the business and end-user.
- In depth awareness of new and planned Workday functionality, actively engaging with the Workday
- Effectively communicates global impacts to affected populations and actively participates in impact assessments.
- Maintains up to date documentation in tracking tools.
- 3+ years of consulting, product management, program management or project management experience required
- Experience managing / overseeing global projects preferred
Prior experience on at least one global HR technology rollout (HR solution, Talent Performance, Recruiting, Compensation)
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and/or supporting Workday HCM, preferably with experience in the Talent Management module
- Familiarity with online ticketing and tracking systems (JIRA)
- Workday HCM or Talent certifications preferred
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of system expertise
- Ability to communicate effectively with international constituents
- Communicate complex technical information to less technical users
- Communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources
- Create and understand detailed process flow diagrams
- Assist with fit/gap analysis based on requirements
- Create detailed and complex test plans for medium-sized initiatives
- Prioritize enhancement requests, successfully balancing business needs and system capabilities
- Demonstrated customer service abilities
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines
- Execute based on directions from cross-functional teams
- Conduct training and create impactful training materials
- Create thorough and complex documentation
- Ability to facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information, and present status
- Adaptability and demonstrated good judgment
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Oakland, CA1999 Harrison Street
Oakland, CA 94612