Security Engineer/Web Applications Penetration Tester
$110000 - 135000/year
San Francisco, CA
May 6, 2019
Technology & IT
This client offers several security services including automated external vulnerability scanning, security analysis, and PCI-DSS compliance. They are also an approved scanning vendor (ASV) and this Security Engineer/Penetration Tester position will be working closely with this program to ensure that they achieve continued, yearly validation.
• Penetration Testing
• Develop and maintain penetration testing processes
• Perform penetration testing that identifies weaknesses in Web applications and
supporting infrastructure, including servers, databases, networks, etc.
• Analyze and review penetration test results with clients
• Continuous improvement of testing processes and methodologies.
• Works with our security team to maintain our scanning solution’s PCI validation.
• Participate in our yearly approved scanning vendor (ASV) validation process and ensure all
validation requirements are met.
• Plans and develops security measures to safeguard information against unauthorized
modification, destruction, or disclosure.
• Identify security best practices and apply a risk-based approach to information security.
• Work closely with our customer facing teams to ensure prompt resolution on client’s
complex technical requests and requirements.
• Consult with clients on security hardening, debugging, security best practices, vulnerability
remediation, and overall security posture from an external perspective.
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Daily lunch, snacks, and beverages
• Company happy hours, social events, and outings
• Convenient location in downtown San Francisco – BART Accessible/CalTrain Accessible
• Expert in penetration testing, 3+ years’ experience preferred
• Experience with the PCI Data Security Standard and PCI Requirements
• CISA, CISM, CISSP, OSCP, or OSCE (or qualified work experience)
• Experience performing code reviews and reviewing the results of static analysis tools.
• Expert in front end security best practices and web application vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS,
• Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE),
• Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures
• Knows at least 1 scripting language
• Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
o Network administration, firewall configuration, and strong knowledge of TCP/IP
o Amazon Web Services
o Linux/Unix administration and system configuration
o Windows and Mac OS administration and system configuration
o Qualys and/or other vulnerability management or cyber security tools
Please do not apply through this job board - FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: brian.donley(at)rht.com
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
San Francisco, CA50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111