San Diego, CA
April 26, 2019
Technology & IT
1. Develops test and integration plans for new systems and software in order to ensure compatibility with current IT infrastructure. Builds new physical and virtual servers to design specifications as necessary.
2. Takes the primary role as project leader and designer of new IT technology initiatives. Provides formal project management documentation and partners with junior staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support to junior administrators.
3. Provides operational support and maintenance, when necessary, to ensure systems functionality, availability, security, and performance.
4. Mentors junior staff and coordinates work assignments of junior administrators to ensure project schedules are maintained.
5. Prepares technical documentation, to include standard operating procedures and processes.
6. Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services to ensure optimum performance and availability.
7. Maintains technical proficiency in new IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends, and makes recommendations to improve or advance services and system performance.
8. Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the appropriate supervisors and/or managers.
9. Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule and if required, responds to critical after hours support issues.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field coupled with eight years minimum experience in Information Technology, which includes at least six years in systems administration OR high school diploma with ten years minimum experience in Information Technology, which includes at least six years in systems administration.
• Possess advanced, subject matter expertise in design, administration, and support of servers, systems, and software, preferably Linux/Unix. Experience in more than one of the following areas is preferred:
o High Performance Computing (HPC) systems or large cluster computing, including GPU based systems.
o High performance storage technologies such as Lustre or Hadoop.
o HPC or High Throughput Computing (HTC) job allocation technologies such as Slurm or HTCondor.
o Parallel computing libraries and environments such as MPI and CUDA
o High performance network technologies such as InfiniBand and GigE
o Authentication, access control, compliance and security in a DOD environment
o Open Source software installation and support
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees.
• Position requires ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret/SCI security clearance with lifestyle polygraph. Current TS/SCI with lifestyle polygraph clearance preferred.
• Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
La Jolla, CA4225 Executive Square
La Jolla, CA 92037