Application Development Project Manager/Lead
San Diego, CA
May 24, 2019
Technology & IT
• As a software application developer / analyst, this role will be involved in all aspects of software application development projects, enhancement requests, and break-fix ticket resolution efforts, specifically in Service Now and Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications.
• Learns and applies the General Atomics specific software development lifecycle methodology and framework.
• Identifies opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participates in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conducts relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Assists with formulation and definition of solution scope and objectives while working with a team of Developers/Analysts on functional requirements and specifications.
• Performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution, and on-call support tasks for existing systems
• Supports the implementation of systems into production.
• Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on existing services and identify improvement opportunities
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline and two or more years of detail oriented applications developer experience. Equivalent detail oriented experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• US must be eligible to work in the U.S. is required.
• Two years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Practice coding excellence and quality in design and coding while abiding by team standards.
• Extensive experience implementing and configuring applications, application modules.
• Must demonstrate a complete understanding of applications development principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
• Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) excellent computer skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
La Jolla, CA4225 Executive Square
La Jolla, CA 92037