Help Desk Analyst III
$18.50 - 20.90/hr
Salt Lake City, UT
June 17, 2019
Technology & IT
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Contract Desktop Support Engineer is a key member of the corporate IT operations staff with primary responsibility for desktop configurations, help desk support, and some LAN support. Additionally they will be well versed in all operational processes and procedures and assist in improvements as necessary or requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This is a technical and hands on position that requires excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems administration, Macintosh systems administration, some knowledge of network administration, as well as excellent customer service skills in order to assist end users with technology issues.
This person is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company's corporate system environments, including hardware installation and maintenance; installing, upgrading, and supporting software; maintaining desktop security; monitoring and tuning of system resources; helpdesk support.
• Windows 10 upgrade experience
• Macintosh upgrade experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Desktop Support Engineer
• 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS
• Solid knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suites
• Experience maintaining security in an enterprise environment by ensuring compliance to corporate standards, policies, and procedures
• Experience with remediation efforts of recognized security vulnerabilities on Windows based OS’s, various browsers and other products such as Adobe, Java, etc.
• Experience supporting mobile devices in a corporate environment (iPhone, Android etc.)
• Experience troubleshooting LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and Wireless issues
• Excellent troubleshooting, research and problem solving skills
• Ability to diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components (Dell HW and HP HW exp preferred)
• Self-motivator with the ability to work independently
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• A positive attitude and excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
• Experience with creating documentation for both internal IT and end-users
• May perform routine system administration activities such as adding/modifying/removing user access, installing upgrades and patches, maintaining spreadsheets, HW/SW ordering, etc.
• Ability to support remote locations
• Bachelors Degree of relevance or equivalent work experience
• Experience administering an Active Directory(2003/2008)/Microsoft SCCM/Microsoft WSUS environment
• Experience with scripting language (ie. powershell, visual basic, perl)
• Basic knowledge of remote control technologies is preferred (i.e. RDC, Dameware, Apple Remote Desktop)
• Current MCSE certifications
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salt Lake City, UT111 East Broadway
Salt Lake City, UT 84111