Director of Finance and Accounting
May 15, 2019
Full-Time Accounting & Finance
The Director of Finance and Accounting must have an "ownership culture,” able to adapt to a very dynamic environment, open to feedback and must be a solution focused individual.
The Director of Finance and Accounting must be a hands-on leader, able to create a highly effective finance and accounting team that would usher the organization to its next round of growth.
The Director of Finance and Accounting will supervise, track and review the financial performance of the organization and its subsidiaries. He must be able to consolidate and determine financial viability of each unit and prepare a unified financial to be presented to the Management Team and investors.
The Director of Finance and Accounting will establish financial KPI’s, developing process and procedures, as well as implementing systems to collect, analyze and verify management and financial reporting.
- Establish a strong Finance and Accounting Team, determining departmental Table of Organization and job description for hiring and retention.
- Manage and oversee the daily accounting and financial operations for corporate and all subsidiaries including corporate finance, treasury, payroll, forecasting.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and work closely with our staff accountants to produce the company financial reports and statements.
- Establish, implement and enforce financial controls and assist in strengthening the operational infrastructure for corporate and all subsidiaries.
- Establish and enforce the most up to date accounting methods, along with the proper policies and procedure.
- Coordinate and manage annual audits.
- Prepare and manage Budget and Forecast and prepare variance analysis
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain fiscal file repository and records to store and document transactions for future audit.
- Assist in tax filings and compliance documentation.
- Proven experience leading Finance and Accounting Department
- Proven knowledge of latest accounting principles, practices, US GAAP standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Management experience, specifically in building up a financial function at a startup
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional systems skills, business intelligence reporting, dashboards, modeling, KPI development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and investor facing skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience within the insurance industry is a plus.
- Experience managing the Finance and Accounting unit for a start-up.
- BS degree in Accounting and Finance
Please email your resume to [email protected] or call Maria Tolentino at (916) 649 0832.
BS Degree in Accounting or Finance.
CPA a plus
MBA a plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Sacramento, CA2180 Harvard St
Sacramento, CA 95815